How to get mind-boggling beauty and health with Coconut oil
In order to be really beautiful, a feminine woman must have gorgeous, youthful hair and skin. After all, most of your beauty really comes down to having fantastic health. Contrary to popular belief, nice skin/hair and youthfulness is not age dependent. Regardless of age, you don’t have to have declining hair health and wrinkles, there are women who don’t have wrinkles well in to their 50s and even 60s without the help of cosmetic surgery. It’s all about keeping it natural, and having the commitment and desire to be youthful and beautiful. Does that sound crazy? You may think well who doesn’t want to be considered beautiful? Well, a lot of women WANT to be beautiful, but just couldn’t be bothered putting the effort, time and commitment in to it. In this post I’m going to show you how you can achieve radiance and beauty without spending an absolute fortune!
Why Coconut Oil?
You may or may not be aware of this, but Pure Virgin Coconut Oil is your new Best Friend. Why? Despite the bad press it has had in the past because it contains saturated fat, doctors and health professionals all over the world are beginning to discover the AMAZING health and healing properties that Virgin Coconut Oil can bring. If you want to learn more about saturated fats, please see The Truth About Saturated Fat.
Coconut oil is the healthiest oil you can consume. It has no trans fat and is very high in Lauric Acid. Lauric acid is antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral. Lots of the health benefits of coconut oil come from the medium-chain length of its fatty acids, or triglycerides (MCTs). Coconut oil contains MCTs that increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss. MCTs promote what is called thermogenesis. Thermogenesis increases the body’s metabolism, producing energy.
Just so you know, if you are worried about putting on weight by consuming Virgin Coconut oil; this is completely untrue! Your body needs fat to burn fat. Depriving yourself of fat can actually lead to an increase in cravings for other foods, like refined carbohydrates, that actually do lead to weight gain. Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of MCTs that increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss.
Using Virgin Coconut oil to condition your hair
Coconut oil is FANTASTIC for your hair! It is a great Natural conditioner that can produce that beautiful shine and youthful bounce to your hair. How to do it:
1) Get some Virgin Coconut Oil (make sure it is Virgin Coconut oil), maybe about a teaspoon full to a tablespoon full depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Melt it a little in your hands and apply it all the way through your hair from the roots to the ends. Massage it in gently to your ends and in to your scalp.
2) Get some glad wrap or plastic wrap and wrap your head and hair up in it (the plastic makes your head sweat, and heat helps your hair follicles to expand so the goodness of the oil can penetrate your hair).
3) Wrap a hot towel around the glad wrap. If you are unsure about how to get a hot towel, wet a medium sized towel and put it in the microwave for 40-60 seconds or however long it takes it to heat up. Wrap this around your hair and leave it in for about half an hour. (If the towel wont hold, try getting a hat to hold it all in
4) When the half an hour is up (roughly, it doesn’t have to be exact!) RINSE the coconut oil out of your hair. Only rinse, don’t shampoo it yet.
5) Leave it overnight, and shampoo your hair in the morning.
Note: you may need to shampoo a few times to get it all out, depending on how much oil you used. If you’re worried about that dreaded oily look, just use less oil and rinse well the night before. It takes me around 2-3 shampoos to get it all out. Bam, you’re ready to go! Enjoy the results!
Using Virgin Coconut oil for your skin
It sounds crazy, but Virgin Coconut oil is the best natural moisturizer in the world. It also actually exfoliates your skin. Moisturize your whole body with it when you get out of the shower. You can also moisturize your face with it. It is absolutely FANTASTIC for preventing skin aging and wrinkles. NOTE: If you have been using some other kind of moisturizer, make sure you ease your skin in to it slowly, as if you have sensitive skin, it may not be used to coconut oil yet, so start off slowly.
Using Virgin Coconut Oil for inner Health and Vibrancy
Needless to say, Coconut oil is fantastic for your inner health, and since outer health and radiance is also a product of what you put IN to your body, start using coconut oil in your cooking. It may taste funny with some dishes, especially very savory dishes. However if you use it with the right dishes it can taste amazing! Don’t know what to use coconut oil with? Just eat it on its own. I do this, and it’s perfectly fine. You will notice the health benefits of coconut oil pretty soon.
Make sure you buy Virgin Coconut oil beautiful, not just any coconut oil!
Do let me know how you go using coconut oil in your beauty regimen
Have a lovely day!
P.S: If you haven’t taken my FeminineWoman survey yet, please visit http://www.thefemininewoman.com/survey/ and take it so I can learn more about you. It will only take you 5 minutes or less! Thank You!